“Challenges IA face today”
Komitas Stepanyan – deputy head of Internal Audit Department in the Central Bank of Armenia.
More than 9 years he has a head of IT audit division. He has more than 10 years of teaching experience at the Yerevan State University. He is a member of IIA and ISACA and the holder of two international certificates: Certified in Risk and Information Systems Control (CRISC, issued by ISACA) and Certification in Risk Management Assurance (CRMA, issued by IIA).
He is a board member of IIA Armenia and adviser committee member at CyberCentral cybersecurity forum.
In 2005, he earned PhD degree. Komitas is graduate of a “Public Policy and Public Administration” Certificate Program at Tufts University – The Fletcher School of Law and Diplomacy (USA).
Komitas has deep knowledge in IT governance, IT risk management, Internal/IT audit and Information/Cyber security. He is a well known professional in Europe and post-soviet counties. More than 10 years he works with COBIT framework and has huge experience using COBIT to audit as well as assess maturity of IT processes. In recent years Komitas is actively engaged in different projects related to cyber-security doing cyber-security maturity assessment, training and consulting.
He was one of the speakers at:
- IIA International Conference, Dubai 2018
- CyberCentral, Prague 2018
- Cybersecurity and Digital Financial Services, Amman 2018
- Annual Excellence in Corporate IT Audit, Berlin 2017
- CyberCentral, Prague 2017
- IIA-Ukraine conference in Kyiv, 2017
- Internal Audit Forum, Astana 2016
- CEE conference, Budapest 2016
- IIA-Ukraine conference, Kyiv 2016
- IIA-Armenia conference, Yerevan 2016
- Internal Audit And Risk Management, Minsk 2015
- IIA-Serbia International conference, Belgrade, 2014